Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Wrinkle In Time

Staring: Katie Stuart, Gregory Smith, & David Dorfman
Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

Only love can defeat the darkness. What a wonderfully Disney idea. Personally, I think the darkness looked a lot like New Jersey. This movie is based on an old novel, one that many of us read in school. While Disney tried to adapt it to the big screen, they failed miserably. This movie was way too long and confusing for kids. Even I had a hard time sitting through it. Katie Stuart gives a tremendous performance as Meg, but sadly it was the only note worthy performance. Gregory Smith, one of my favorite young actors, was quite bland, the three ladies were just ridiculously Disneified, and David Dorfman, while adorable, was very repetative. I usually love when old fairytales and Sciene Fiction novels come to life on the big screen, but this was really one I could have done without.

No comments:

Post a Comment