Sunday, March 27, 2011

Borat

Staring: Sacha Baron Cohen
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Out of all of Sacha Baron Cohen's characters, Borat is by far the funniest and that's why he decided to make his first big studio film about him. There is no doubt this movie is hysterical, anyone who doesn't find this funny really must have something wrong with them, but how far is too far to push the envelope? I don't get offended easily, but lines like "Senator Chocolate Face" and "the jews repeating their attack of 9/11" were more than slightly over the line. While the line is much further away in the uncensored market, it does still exsist, and Cohen does cross it on several occasions. I laughed until I cried, Borat is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I was however offended by several of the things he said and that's why It gets 4 instead of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment