Saturday, March 19, 2011

Georgia Rule

Staring: Jane Fonda, Lindsay Lohan, & Felicity Huffman
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

This was an amazing movie! The premise of the movie is a troubled family sending their insane daughter to live with her hard-nosed Grandmother in Idaho. From the previews, I was expecting a lame, even raunchy comedy, boy I was I wrong. While it had it's comedic aspect to it, it was so much more than that. It was the story of trust and redemption that centers not around Georgia and her rules, but rather around her grandaughter played by Lindsey Lohan. I don't like Lohan, her previous roles, or even how she is as a person, but in this movie, she's terrific. I think it's because she was actually playing herself. A smart but troubled girl, who acts slutty and stupid to keep up apperances and hide from her own misery. This movie was smart and funny as well as deep and emotional. It's a can't miss film that everyone should see!

No comments:

Post a Comment