Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Dark Knight

Starting: Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, & Maggie Gyllenhaal
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Regular readers of this blog know that I don't like super heroes, but Batman is the exception. As a kid he was the only one I thought was cool and the only one that i felt could be real. Apprently Christopher Nolan has the same idea. What I love about his take on Batman is that it's very realistic. Even the joker, as out there as he maybe, was a much more believable and realistic villian than the portrayl by Jack Nicholson. As for the movie, it's an amazing story, with one of the best performances ever, by the late Heath Ledger who I really couldn't stand until this movie! As with all Nolan movies, it's a very visually appealing film, with a great story, and cast perfectly. I can honestly say that this is as good as it gets! There will never be a better Batman or super hero movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment