Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Prestige

Staring: Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, & Scarlett Johansson
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

The Prestige is vintage Christopher Nolan. A dark, twisted, visually appealing story. I enjoyed this movie a lot, but I must admit, for most of it, I had no idea what was happening. It was a cool story, about two rival magicians trying to discredit one another. While I enjoyed what I was seeing, the story just twisted and turned in ways I couldn't really follow. I know I loved watching it, but afterwards I was still like what the hell? The ending was the most confusing part, not real sure what happened there, maybe one day I'll get it. This film had the star power, one of Hollywood's best directors, and a unique story, but it's going to be hard for a lot of people to follow. I've seen 1000's of films, and it's not often that I get to say, I didn't really get it, especially with something I enjoyed, but I guess Christopher Nolan will do that to ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment