Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Da Vinci Code

Starring: Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou, & Ian McKellen
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

As I said in my review of Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code was great, but it was ruined for me by having just seen National Treasure. They may have been searching for different things and in different situations, but to me the movies are far too similar. I honestly felt like The Da Vinci Code, was a slower, less interesting version of National Treasure. Tom Hanks was amazing as always, but in general the movie was slower and far less interesting to me. It's unfair to compare it to something else, but based on its own merits, it was very entertaining, well acted, and well written, but it was also very slow at times, wordy, and somewhat confusing. Overall it's very good, if you plan on seeing it, don't watch National Treasure first!

No comments:

Post a Comment