Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Orphan

Staring: Isabelle Fuhrman, Vera Farmiga, & Jimmy Bennett
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

I was a bit hesitant to see this movie, because to me, the story seemed unbelievable. How evil could a 10 year old girl be, right? ...wrong! Esther is one crazy little bitch! I really didn't think I'd like this movie, but I loved it. Isabelle Fuhrman is amazing in this film. If the performance wasn't in the context of a messed up girl in a horror movie, she would have gotten academy notice, she was THAT good. Jimmy Bennett was also really good playing her adoptive brother, he even did his own stunts. Every time I see this kid he gets better and better, and I think you'll be seeing his name in films for the next fifty years. The parents don't really have a major role in the film, but they were equally as good. The cast was great, the lead was amazing, the story was solid, and there is a hell of a twist at the end, that in and of itself makes this film worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment