Friday, December 7, 2012

Blitz


Starring: Jason Statham, Aiden Gillen, & Zawe Ashton
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Jason Statham has established himself as the premiere action star of generation X and he shows why in Blitz! Unlike many of Statham's films, this one isn't just about shooting people, it's actually a great thriller, about a serial killer in London, who is targeting the police. That being said, straight action films are supposed to be exciting and fast paced, but when it's more of a thriller, it needs to slow down a bit. I was impressed by Blitz, but I honestly felt like I was watching the film in fast forward. Statham's character is also a bit of a change from what his fans will be used to. Brant is a crude, tough cop, who doesn't follow any rules and is actually quite funny. I honestly never saw Statham as someone who could pull off a role that involved humor, but he was amazing in this movie. His performance as well as that of "the killers" really enhanced this film. I'm most definitely an action junkie and I've seen quite a few Jason Statham films, and I can honestly say that this is the best one I've seen. The action scenes are intense, the story is intriguing, and Statham's character is the kind of cop that audiences will fall in love with. Action is a very repetitive genre and it's truly refreshing when you find an action film with a big star and great story attached to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment