Sunday, August 21, 2011

Summer of Fear (1996)

Starring: Gregory Harrison, Corin Nemec, & David Gallagher
Rating: 3 1/2 out of 5 stars

I added this movie to the queue, even thou I knew nothing about it, because I love the cast. Summer of Fear is based on the novel, Simon Says, and was a TV movie, and therein lies the problem. This story is amazing and would have made a great feature film, however they had to censor it and dumb it down big time for TV. Corky Nemec and Gregory Harrison were both amazing. I've always enjoyed both of them and together they had fantastic chemistry. Summer of Fear is a very entertaining story that will throw you a few twists. Despite never reading the novel, I'm willing to bet it goes further and is more direct than the movie was. It was a great cast and I definitely enjoyed the film, but it should have been so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment