Thursday, August 25, 2011

Meskada

Starring: Nick Stahl, Jonathan Tucker, & Rachel Nichols
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Meskada is another direct-to-video feature I knew nothing about ahead of time. I choose it because the story sounded interesting and I love the cast. In these cases, the film is usually hit or miss, with no in-between. In the case of Meskada, it's definitely a hit! The story follows a local detective, investigating the death of a child, during a home invasion. What makes Meskada different from the rest is that 15 minutes into the film, you know who did it and why, it's not a mystery. Nick Stahl who I usually don't like and Jonathan Tucker who I've always liked are both fantastic in this film. It's roles that neither is really used to playing and both stepped up to the challenge. The story wasn't all that strong, but the acting was, and what I really liked about this film is how it came at a common story in an unconventional way. It's defiantly worth checking out!

1 comment:

  1. I saw this film while ago Found it cos I am fan of Stahl and Tucker and both were really good in this movie !

    ReplyDelete