Saturday, August 6, 2011

I Am Number Four

Starring: Alex Pettyfer, Diana Agron, & Callan McAuliffe
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

I Am Number Four, was everything I expected and more, I was completly blown away. It is a refreshingly original story about 9 aliens hiding on Earth, from the creatures who destroyed their home planet. These 9 have special powers that threaten these creatures, and they have set out to kill them, but for some unknown reason, must do it in order. Alex Pettyfer is Number Four and the next one in line. Pettyfer was absolutely incredible, having come such a long way since his last major role as Alex Rider. Newcomer Callan McAuliffe is also very likeable as sidekick Sam. I've never seen him in anything before, but he gives the story an added bonus and much needed side story. Many critics bashed this film, saying it was an alien version of Twilight, but it couldn't be further from the truth. I Am Number Four isn't focused on the love aspect, a lot of action occurs and the story actually progresses, and this film isn't dark and narrow minded, the way the Twilight films have been. I Am Number Four kept my attention and interest throughout. I connected to the story and the characters as well as the actors, and I have no problem saying it is one of the best Science Fiction films I have a seen in years! ...and for those who feel the same way, the book sequel, The Power of Six will be released on August 23, and with any luck will hit the big screen next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment