Saturday, August 6, 2011

The People Under The Stairs

Starring: Brandon Adams, Ving Rhames, & A.J. Langer
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

From Wes Craven comes The People Under The Stairs. A lovely little story about a young man who breaks into his landlords mansion, only to find that he and his wife are crazy. They have a habit of punishing their children, by cutting out the bad parts and holding them prisoner under the basement stairs. It's a very original story, unfortunately the cast is so bad, that the film becomes more of a farce than a horror film. Brandon Adams plays Fool, the lead, and he is just plain bad. The parents on the other hand were completely hilarious, but I'm not sure it was done on purpose. There are a few funny lines thrown in, but I found them to be hilarious throughout the entire movie. Overall I found the story to be very original, but I just didn't see it as scary, it was more a comedy to me. I didn't get what Craven was going for and therefore I can only say the film was ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment