Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Incredible Hulk


Starring: Edward Norton, Liv Tyler, & Tim Roth
Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

The Incredible Hulk, not to be confused with the movie Hulk, is the first of the individual movies that introduces us to The Avengers, and that's the only reason why I decided to see it, as I never really cared much for the character. I mean think about it, this scientist whose trying to create a super soldier tries the solution on himself, and now when he gets angry he turns into a WWE Superstar, the whole premise is fucking stupid! As for the film, it's not much better. I love Edward Norton, he's a big name and a star in his own right, but he's just about the last person I would choose to be the Hulk. His whole personality wasn't right for the part. I like his co-star, Liv Tyler too, and it wasn't that she was bad in this film, it's that her role was a joke and she had absolutely no chemistry with Norton. Tim Roth was the bright spot in the movie, as he's one of those guys who can adapt to any role and I think I'd have preferred to see him as the Hulk. As for the story, parts of it were decent, but they skipped the whole part of the story that I wanted to see! The film starts five years later, in Brazil, I wanted to see how the story started and what prompted banner into doing this. I hate superheroes and I hate their movies, but the Avengers stories have been different. With the exception of Thor, they have for the most part been somewhat realistic and believable. The story here is lame and the movie is based on special effects which did nothing to help the film. The last half hour of the movie, I felt as though I was watching Peter Griffin fight the Big Chicken and I honestly hated every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment