Sunday, March 31, 2013

Rosewood Lane


Starring: Rose McGowan, Daniel Owens, & Sonny Marinelli
 Rating: 2 1/2 out of 5 stars

Rosewood Lane is what would happen if you combined Frasier with Fear, and is the latest from Jeepers Creepers Director, Victor Salva. I wanted to like this film and I wish I could tell you that's different from all the other stalking films out there, but it's really not. The only things I found interesting about this film were the tremendous performance by Charmed's Rose McGowan, and it's unique ended, that really threw me for a loop. Normally when a film has an ending that surprises me, I love it, it makes the whole film for me, and while the curve at the end of Rosewood Lane was interesting, it wasn't enough to make up for a slow moving film that resembled half a dozen other movies. The story follows Radio Psychiatrist, Dr. Sonny Blake, and her move back into the old house she grew up in. The house holds many personal demons for her, so when she claims that someone is stalking her, the people close to her find it difficult to believe. As I said earlier, Rose McGowan was terrific and was really the only person of note in this film. It's a story you want to like, but things progress so slowly and are just so dull, that when the surprise ending happens, you're reaction is that it's kind of cool, but it doesn't make up for the predictability of the rest of this film. Stalker films are supposed to be the scariest form of Horror films, because it's a real thing that happens every day, unfortunately, Rosewood Lane doesn't have the writing or the performances to pull it off. It's a decent film with a terrific ending, but instead of leaving you unnerved, it leaves you indifferent.

No comments:

Post a Comment