Thursday, December 26, 2013

Evidence (2013)


Starring: Torrey DeVitto, Caitlin Stasey, & Nolan Funk
Rating: 3 1/2 out of 5 stars

In the desert of Nevada, police uncover one of the most brutal crime scenes they've ever seen. There are a ton of bodies that are so badly mutilated, that they can't even tell if their victims are male or female. There is also an overwhelming lack of evidence, that is except for one small mini-cam found amongst the ruble. Evidence was one of those films that wasn't great, but wasn't terrible either. There is enough going on that you will keep watching it and you will be glad you did! Watching as many movies as I do, I tend to figure things out pretty quickly, and I was sure I had this film figured out early on. As I got to the end of the film, I was sure I knew what happened, and I was somewhat disappointed at the predictable story. Then, the writers throw a huge twist into the plot that you will never see coming and it really makes the whole film. Evidence quickly becomes one of those films that will keep you thinking about it long after the credits role, and too me, that is the best kind of movie. No one of name really stars in this film and there really aren't any stand out performances, it's just one of those movies that stands on a strong story. I usually hate these cheaply made, found footage films. The plots are lazy and they rely on cheap scares and effects to make people jump, but Evidence wasn't like that. The film starts off really slowly, but gets better and better leading up to an ending that no one will ever see coming. If you like a good mystery with that amazing twist in the end, Evidence will delivery exactly what you're looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment