Monday, December 30, 2013

2013: Year In Review + Recommendations



Hey movie fans! First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their support, for following my blog, and for continuing to visit my little corner of the web. It's a pleasure to share with you what I watch every week and what I think you'll like as much as I did.

Another year has come on gone and The Ultimate Movie Review has flourished! People tell me all the time that it's so much easier to come here and add the stuff I recommend, rather than scrolling through menus, and that makes me very happy! It's the whole reason I run this blog!

As for statistic junkies...
This year we managed to bring you 155 reviews and had 15,521 visitors!

...and now what you've all been asking for, my year end recommendations!






Favorite Films of 2013:
It's not easy to get a 5 star rating from me. A film has to be very special and really make an impact and for me, these were the best films I saw all year!

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Marvel's The Avengers
Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone
Bones (2010)
Sleepers
Jumper
Captain America
Repeaters
The Thirteenth Floor
A Bronx Tale

Favorite TV Shows of 2013:
I love TV also and as with movies, these aren't all FROM 2013, but these are the shows I most enjoyed IN 2013.

The Killing
Bates Motel
Under The Dome
The Following  
 Haven
The Chicago Code
Breaking Bad
Fringe
 Everwood
Kyle XY

Favorite Books of 2013:
While I don't review books, I am an avid reader of mostly Science Fiction (big surprise!), and these were the few books that I really feel anyone will like. Of course there's a ton of weird Science Fiction stuff I could recommend, but not everyone will like it. These on the other hand have something for everyone!

Variant by Robison Wells 
The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore (Part of the I Am Number Four Series)
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Jericho: Season 3 (Yes! THAT Jericho is being continued in graphic novels)
Masterpieces of Science Fiction by Orson Scott Card

That's all for now, I want to wish every one reading this a happy and healthy new year and I look forward to delivering more reviews and hearing more of what you have to say in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment