Saturday, August 10, 2013

We're The Millers


Starring: Jason Sudeikis, Jennifer Aniston, Emma Roberts, & Will Poulter
Rating: 3 1/2 out of 5 stars

Well, I could have done without seeing the ginger kids uncircumcised penis, aside from that this was a pretty fun movie. Jason Sudeikis is one of these guys who just gets better and better with every film he does. I used to be a hater, but now I'll see anything that he's in, and We're The Millers is his best movie to date. This story is about a local drug dealer who gets in trouble with his supplier, and the only way out is to become a trafficker. Dave Clark (Sudeikis) decides the best way to do this is to recruit a fake family to make it look like they're just on vacation. Clark recruits his neighbor, a stripper, and a local homeless teen to make his fake family complete and the Millers are born. This film is non-stop laughs, as I said earlier Sudeikis was hilarious, but surprisingly so was Jennifer Aniston. There are a lot of knocks against her, especially when it comes to comedy, but whenever Rachel plays a fowl mouthed, raunchy character, I see her in a whole new light, and she was terrific in this film. Will Poulter is another stand out from the film, he's been acting since a very young age, but to my knowledge has never been in a comedy before. Here he plays a loveable geek that would easily fit in with the cast of the Big Bang Theory. Out of all the funny scenes and outrageous moments, it's Poulter's that made me laugh the hardest. Is this the best movie I've ever seen? Not even close, but it's one of those comedies that just keeps coming at you and never stops. While the story is a bit ridiculous, I promise you will still laugh until you're sides hurt, because We're The Millers is the best new comedy I've seen all year.

1 comment:

  1. Homophobic a bit? You had to go into detail with "uncircumcised", right? :-P

    ReplyDelete