Monday, February 25, 2013

Update!

The Ultimate Movie Review is now two years old, thanks in big part to you the readers! You've commented and told me what you wanted more of and less of, and helped me to improve my writing and reviewing skills to make this blog a better place for all moviegoers. Many many people have told me that before they go to Netflix, they check The Ultimate Movie Review so they can decide what's worth their time and that makes me feel great! We truly are what our slogan says we are, "Don't know what to watch, we'll tell ya what's good!"

That being said here are a few notes about what's going on....

- In December, for the fourth time this year, we reach over 1000 views in a month, something that only happened twice in 2011!

- Metacritic, the site that gives number grades to film, actors, muisc, games, and more has requested we join. It's a very cool site especially for statistics about who has been successful and who hasn't, what I like most is that it gives me statistical data about my movie watching habits. What I don't like is that site only features films that were in theaters over the past twenty years or so, this means many reviews get overlooked. However Metacritic has determined...

- The average score I give a movie is 6.6 by their system, that's a 3 in stars.

- Of the movies they feature that I've reviewed, 169 were positive, 51 were mixed, and 22 were trashed!

- The highest rated movie on the site that I reviewed is Do The Right Thing
     - They gave it a 91 = 9.1 = 4 1/2 stars
     - I gave it a 70 = 7.0 = 3 1/2 stars
           
- The lowest rated movie on the site that I reviewed is Extreme Ops
     - They gave it a 17 = 1.7 = 1/2 star
     - I gave it a 60 = 6.0 = 3 stars

- In other news, google, who runs blogspot, has asked me to put a small, non-intrusive paid banner ad on the site for Amazon.com. While I'm considering it, Amazon has been nice enough to make me a top reviewer and include all my "non-offensive" reviews on their site. I suppose that means they don't like it when I say fuck...

That's it for now....

Thank you for your continued support! If you haven't already done so, PLEASE....
     - Check out the links section on the right hand side.
     - LIKE us on Facebook!
     - Share your favorite reviews!
     - Follow us on Twitter - @tss5078 - #theultimatemoviereview
     - Invite people to check out our site!

No comments:

Post a Comment