Friday, November 30, 2012

Meeting Evil


Starring: Samuel L. Jackson, Luke Wilson, & Leslie Bibb
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Meeting Evil surprised the hell out of me! When I read the description, I wasn't all that interested, but because Samuel L. Jackson was in it, I figured I'd give it twenty minutes or so, and I'm glad I did! This dark, independent, thriller was one of the most edgy, exciting films I've seen all year. Luke Wilson plays John, a man down on his luck. Suddenly, a stranger comes knocking at his door, and that leads to an unbelievable chain of events that ends with a twist that you will never see coming. Jackson is terrific as always, whether he's the good guy or the bad guy, he's always so entertaining and always manages to call someone racist, I love that! As for his co-star, Luke Wilson, I kept waiting for his character to open up, to have some kind of reaction to what was happening, but he doesn't, still his performance was a strong one. What I really liked about this film was how you really didn't know what was going to happen next. It seems like a small thing, but very few films like this go to such extremes and turn out to be so unpredictable. I can honestly say, when that twist was revealed at the end, I almost fell out of my chair. Yes, Meeting Evil is an independent film, but its better than any thriller that's come out this year. The acting is terrific, the story will have you on the edge of your seat, and just when you think you've got it all figured out, you find out that you don't know a thing. This was a tremendous movie that fell way under the radar, but I found it, and you should most definitely check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment