Thursday, July 28, 2011

Unbreakable

Starring: Bruce Willis & Samuel L. Jackson
Rating: 2 1/2 out of 5 stars

Unbreakable is the legend of a real life superhero brought to you by M. Night Shyamalan. The idea is profoundly unique and the cast is great, but I really didn't like how it turned out. The first half of the movie was awesome, but as Shyamalan movies tend to do, it got weird, in this case too weird. While I love Samuel L. Jackson, his character was just annoying and I didn't really consider him a threatening villain. Bruce Willis on the other hand was amazing as usual, but his character was kind of bland. Shyamalan wanted to keep the story as real and believable as possible, but a super hero who just can't get hurt and has no other real powers is just kind of dull. I love the uniqueness of the story, but the film just didn't do much for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment