Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Let Me In

Staring: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Chloe Moretz, & Richard Jenkins
Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

I hate vampire movies and the whole concept of vampires in general, but I had to see this movie based on the strong buzz it was getting. Based on an award winning Swedish film, Let Me In, tells the story of a lonely 12 yrs old kid who is befriended by a vampire, who moves in next door. Chloe Moretz was amazing as Abby, following her role in Kick-Ass, this girl is definitely going places. I didn't like Abby much thou. I found her very manipulative, not to mention how creepy it is that an ageless vampire, who looks like a little girl, is hooking up with a 12 yrs old kid. While the critics loved this film, I saw it as a dark, slower, more gory version of Twilight, except with younger kids. To be honest with you, the whole thing kind of just weirded me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment