Monday, January 31, 2022

Update!!!

 

    It has been 21 months since I've posted anything on this blog. The easy thing to do would be to blame it on the pandemic and my precarious work situation, but that wouldn't be the truth. The truth is that keeping up with this blog started to feel more like a job then anything else, and I simply lost interest. I never started this blog with the intention of getting "likes". My goal was always to interact with people who are as passionate about film and television as I am. I wanted to meet people and have discussions about what I wrote. Whether it was people telling me I hit the nail on the head or that I am a complete idiot, I wanted to hear from them, and when that stopped, I lost interest. So why I am writing something now? 

    Recently I discovered a new app/website called Letterboxd, a terrific resource for movie lover, and when I joined, I decided to upload all my old reviews for shits and giggles. To my surprise, the result has been the interaction and discussion that I have always desired. It got me thinking that maybe there is some interest in what I have to say. I can't promise weekly updates or that my interest is going to last, but I'm going to give it another shot. If for no other reason then maybe a hobby will get my mind off of the terrible state of the the world, and how awful being stuck at home is. 

    That being said, I welcome your suggestions, I would love to see your feedback, please share the blog and your favorite reviews on social media, and don't forget about our store! That's right, one thing that hasn't changed is that we started an eBay store four years ago! At first is was a small thing to help support the blog, but as the pandemic struck and work dried up, I turned it into a somewhat successful side business, buying wholesale movies in bulk, buying peoples unwanted collections, and then re-selling them! You can visit the store by clicking HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment