Thursday, August 20, 2015

Vacation (2015)


Starring: Ed Helms, Christina Applegate, Steele Stebbins, & Skyler Gisondo
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

I'm not the biggest comedy fan and I never liked Chevy Chase, but the new Vacation movie peaked my interested because of it's star, Ed Helms. Helms is one of the funniest men in Hollywood today and never really gets the recognition he deserves, always being a member of the pack, but he truly shines in one of his few stand alone roles. Twenty years after the original Vacation, Rusty Griswold (Ed Helms) wants to relive his vacation to Wally World with his own family, and as expected, nothing seems to go as planned. Helms was truly hysterical and in my opinion easily outshines Chevy's performance in the original film, but Helms isn't the only star of note in this film. 11 year old Steele Steebins almost steals the show as Kevin Griswold. From beating on his older brother to his perfectly timed one liners, this kid was absolutely hysterical, and has a bright future ahead of him. Together with Helms and a classic story this movie had me laughing so hard, there were tears in my eyes. Often times when companies decide to remake classic films, they are little more than a farce of the original, but in the case of Vacation, the remake overtakes the original by leaps and bounds. Simply put this is the funniest movie I have seen in a couple of years. I thought it would be good, but it went far beyond all expectations, and is now our latest must see movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment