Sunday, July 27, 2014

Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa


Starring: Johnny Knoxville & Jackson Nicoll
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Moving in another direction for their fourth film, the producers of Jackass decided to focus on a single character from the franchise, Johnny Knoxville's Irving Zisman. The film has everything you've come to expect from the series, as Knoxville plays a Grandfather, on vacation with his Grandson. Knoxville does his usual schtick, crashing into to things, saying outrageous things to strangers, and of course showing off his giant rubber testicles. As with most of the Jackass stuff, it's outrageous and hilarious for the first half hour, but quickly gets old. Maybe I'm just too old to appreciate Jackass anymore, but when I start out watching one of their films, I love it, and by the end, I'm just waiting for it to be over with. Knoxville is impressive, and while he's done films on his own, I think he was giving a message to the rest of the group in this film. The message being, if you guys don't want to do this anymore, I can make it work with anyone, even a 10 year old kid. Hopefully the message gets through and we'll get some more Jackass films. I really do love the simplistic comedic genius of the films, but it's repetitive nature makes anything more than an episode of the show wear on me. Maybe it's just not made for someone in my age group anymore, but regardless of age, Jackass has always been good for a few laughs and Bad Grandpa is no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment