Friday, July 27, 2012

Batman: Gotham Knight

Starring: Kevin Conroy, Jason Marsden, & Hynden Walch
Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

I don't really care for animated movies...I like superheroes even less, but Batman is the exception, and when I read that this film bridges the gap between Batman Begins and the Dark Knight, while being written and directed by some of the same people, I got excited. Gotham Knight is a collection of six stories that supposedly tell us what Batman was up too, prior to battling the Joker in the Dark Knight. What I really love about Nolan's Batman movies is how realistic they are, and while Gotham Knight uses the same names and story line, it is anything but realistic. These stories are downright childish and boring. It's like reading Batman's diary and seeing his conversations and what he did at work today, some stories were better than others, but I was pretty much reading Batman's Twitter and it was as dull and simplistic as could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment