Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bang Bang You're Dead

Starring: Ben Foster & Tom Cavanagh
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Bang Bang You're Dead is a film based on the high school production by the same name and it is easily one of the most powerful and life-changing movies I've ever seen. This film is 11 years old and talks about bullying in schools, how it's a huge problem instead of harmless fun, and how it changes students lives forever. Some students become withdrawn, others depressed, some suicidal, and in the rare cases homicidal. This film follows a bullied student, named Trevor, who is on the edge of becoming all four when his drama teachers asks him to be in the play, Bang Bang You're Dead. It is a play inspired by Columbine, that takes place inside the mind of a school shooter, who is haunted by those he killed. This leads to the main point of this film, will the teacher and play save Trevor or push him over the edge? On a personal note, I was pretty small and got bullied at school, until I hit puberty. This is the first film that was actually able to express all the emotions I've had inside of me for so long. Trevor expresses every feeling and emotion that comes along with being a victim and feeling helpless. By the end of this film, I was crying like a baby. It is honestly one of the most powerful and important films I've ever seen and I only wish that someone would have shown it to me when I was in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment