Friday, April 13, 2012

We Bought A Zoo

Starring: Matt Damon, Scarlett Johansson, & Colin Ford
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Every time I go to see a non-action movie, starring Matt Damon, I'm always sure it's going to suck, but it seldom does. Once again, he shows how underrated and versatile he is in We Bought A Zoo. This true story follows a man who is always looking for an adventure, and he found one when he decided to save a rundown zoo in southern California. I don't know about the book, but this film was so well written, that it seemed like it was finished in no time! Damon was great, but in my opinion, it's his son and film narrator, Colin Ford, that steals the show. Ford starred in one of my favorite movies, Dog Days of Summer, when he was younger and I've followed his career ever since. He's mostly had bit parts, but every time I see this kid, his performance just gets better and better, and he absolutely blows everyone away in this film. I'm usually unimpressed by teens in film, in fact I want to smack most of them, but Ford is definitely the exception, and really adds an important dynamic to this film. We Bought A Zoo is heartwarming, funny, and clever, the performances are top notch, and you will hopefully be as impressed as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment