Saturday, February 4, 2012

Children of The Corn (2009)

Starring: David Anders, Preston Bailey, & Kandyse McClure
Rating: 2 1/2 out of 5 stars

I've liked Stephen King's Children of The Corn series since I was a kid and I was very interested when I heard that they were remaking them. The new version is different, but that's not always a good thing. It's definitely a lot more gory and frightening, which is a good thing, but they cut a lot out of the story which was a bad thing. We aren't given any background information, characters are missing, and Isaac is so little and cute, that he isn't believable. On top of that, instead of a loving middle aged couple, we get a fighting interracial couple, in 1975, that features a Marine with PTSD and a prom queen who won't shut the fuck up! I'm glad it was a little creepier and bloodier than the original, but they cut out some of the best parts and give absolutely no background information. I felt like I was jumping into a movie after missing the first half hour, besides that, the acting was so-so, and overall the film was okay at best. In my opinion this film does not live up to the original and would have trouble rivaling some of the sequels as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment